Skip to main content

Analog Recipes for the Digital World: Mustard Glazed Chicken Breast with "Gray"vy

Okay so the gravy is gray, not pretty but pretty delicious. And the "glaze" isn't really so much a classical glaze so foodies be damned Gordon Ramsay can shove it.



So i use pre-sliced "assorted gourmet" mushrooms which is mostly just crimini's with a few shitakes and chanterelles thrown in. an interesting tweak would be to use mushroom stock instead of chicken stock here btw. I toss a little stock in the pan just to keep it all juicy and hydrated during it's bikrham phase.


So by the was H&S means herbs and spices, S&P means salt & pepper. Probably unnescessary to explain but...

also i add a bit of the pan juices to the mustard before i brush it on the breasts. and i only broil for a minute or 2 at most just to make the glaze brown and kind of crispy...kind of ...i can imagine it being crispy, though it isn't really. still yummy though.



so the mushrooms definitely make the blended mixture into an unpleasant color, but oh so yummy. I like to eat over the CFL Mashup and a side of steamed broccoli with sea salt.

Next stop, Nomville, Aaaaaaaallll Aboard!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoelaces, restaurant booths, and twelve inch peckers.

"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble" -Helen Keller


I'm going to bet, and probably win, that you have not really thought about tying your shoes today. You probably leaned over and tied them, or secured them by deftly laying your foot across your knee and running the bunny around the tree and through the hole. No matter what way you tied your shoes today, I'm willing to bet if you gave any thought to it at all it ended at "I have to tie my shoes" perhaps, while bending over, you grunted, or inhaled quickly and didn't breath while you did it, but you probably gave almost no thought to the act of tying your shoes. Why should you, you've been doing it since you were however old. Its not really something for which you need strategy.

When you're fat though...you need a strategy.

Because, see when you're fat, very often, the simple act of tying your shoes is…

Analog Recipes for the Digital World: Italian for Beginners

So, This is more or less a "sauce" or a condiment as Mario Batali would call it. You might call it a ragout, though I wouldn't because any time you use fancy food words people get all up in your grill and say you're not legit and I aint tryin' to hear that noise. So you and I will call it Arnold.

Arnold is served over cannelini beans (my favorite) and sautéed spinach because they are nutritious and delicious and fairly well mimic the carby goodness of pasta. If you aren't a dieting zealot like me, go ahead and serve it over pasta, orichetti would be my drug of choice.

Stuff:



I used Roma because they were the ones that looked the prettiest at "grocery" store I was at. Shortly jersey is going to be bumping out some hella good tomatoes, I would use those first and firstmostly.

What to do:


I don't know why there is an "R" in my "Fond" but it's early, leave me alone. and watch this if you want to know whats actually going on …

Of Wookies and Wheaties.

When you're little the tiniest transgressive act can seem wholly disruptive, revolutionary, perverse, alien or magical.

Me to my best friend when I was 5: "Why are you making Chewbacca fly, Chewie can't fly. I think we should play with colorforms instead"

Stuff like that.

Chewbacca isn't real, but to me the act of lifting his action figure off the ground to fly at my Buck Rogers action figure (which was an entirely different scale, btw) was so patently offensive to the social contract implicit in pulling Star Wars action figures out of my toy box that it involved a complete shut down of the current imaginary scenario playing out on my green shag carpet. No we can't continue like this, this is a lie. Never mind Chewbacca And Buck Rogers had no businesss carousing together on any carpet, green shag or otherwise, I mean Chewbacca is from a long time ago in a galaxy far away and Buck Rogers is from earth 500 years from now. Never mind that Chewbacca who is …